Welcome to Angelic Complementary Therapies May 2023 Newsletter
I do hope you are well especially as at last temperatures begin to rise – Fred (our tortoise) hasn’t been very happy with the weather of late!
April was an educational month for me. As many of you know, I do like to keep up to date and continue with my studies so I am able to offer the best therapies I am able.
I was very fortunate to spend the day at a Kyle Gray workshop. Kyle Gray is a well-respected and knowledgeable angel teacher, in fact he’s fast becoming the world’s leading expert. He has dedicated his life to helping people connect with the angels through his workshops, books and talks. The energy at the theatre was incredible and I came away with pages and pages of notes.
I appreciate and respect that not everyone believes in angels, and I’m certainly not one to preach. However, I’d like to share a couple of things that Kyle mentioned at the workshop as it’s relevant to everyone (and not necessarily related to angels).
1. Trust your intuition - something I ALWAYS advise – getting out of the mind and into the body. Listen to that inner ‘knowing’. I use my intuition every day, not just in the therapies I give, but in every day activities too. There have been times when my brain has overruled my intuition and often that’s when then things tend to go a bit wonky.
2. Another area is grounding. This may or may not be a term you’re familiar with. In the work I do, the need to ground is imperative. The easiest way to explain it is to keep your feet on the ground. Don’t get caught up into that ego brain which can then cause you to question, doubt or overthink. There are lots of ways to ground, but the simplest and easiest way is a daily walk. It doesn’t have to be for miles or hours, a 20 minute breath of fresh air really does work wonders for the mind, body and soul.
And finally, I made Mum’s incredible and delicious Dorset Apple Cake! It’s an old family recipe that has been handed down generations and (yes I’m biased) but it’s the best apple cake ever. It’s something I’ve been meaning to make for ages now, and I’m so pleased I finally have. I took it down for my dad and step-mum to enjoy when I visited last week. Dad was so happy because he can remember his granny making the apple cake, and the recipe then was given to his mum (my gran). All the while, my mum’s family had a recipe for the cake and she combined the recipes to make the BEST Dorset Apple Cake. It’s delicious and full of apple. Not too sweet, just perfect.
I’m in the process of learning and qualifying in Facial Reflexology and I need 12 case studies - female/male/young/mature - before I can qualify (at least it’s not 100 like it is when you train for reflexology). Is this something you may be interested in? If so, please contact me 07810 722474 or email@example.com
Facial reflexology is based on the same principle as foot/hand reflexology – the body and all the organs are represented on a “map” and superimposed on the face, hands and feet. Therefore, not only do you receive the direct benefits on your face, but you also receive benefits to the whole body. This It is a super relaxing treatment, and I’m amazed by the lymphatic drainage it brings to the face – and your skin feels amazing afterwards! The treatment only lasts 40 minutes. So, if you’re interested, please let me know.
Here is a calming exercise to calm and clear the mind. Try it every night before you go to sleep:
1. Focus on your breathing, without trying to change it.
2. Notice any thoughts, emotions or sensations that come into your mind.
3. Imagine three boxes – ‘Thoughts’, ‘Emotions’ and ‘Sensations’.
4. When things come into your mind try to sort them into the three boxes.
5. Continue the process for 10-15 minutes, thus will help clear your mind and aid a more peaceful sleep.
This exercise will clear your mind of worry from past or future problems and help you to focus on the present.
Just a thought…
I wonder how much less stressful life would be if we were able to just live in the moment, the way many animals do.
If we didn't spend so much time going over events from the past or imagining, or even worrying about, the future.
Be. Here. Now.
That's what my cat may say if he could speak.
Crystal/Gem of the month – Emerald
The gemstone of pure, unconditional and everlasting love and health. It is a gem for renewal, regeneration, compassion, love and harmony. Emerald brightens your energy and fills you with joy by just holding it. Associated with the heart chakra, it calls to the heart and clears out any dark energy that could be clogging your energy flow.
It can help soothe headaches, allergies and all types of skin rashes. It’s also renowned for sharpening the memory.
Quote for the month
“A cheerful heart is a good medicine.”
Power and Intention
When you align your intentions with the highest good and act with love and consideration, your power is intensified.
I wonder what May has in store for each of us? Three Bank Holiday’s that’s for sure including King Charles’ Coronation.
I genuinely hope for everyone’s nearest and dearest to be healthy, happy and content -and lots of smiles too. Be kind to all, but mostly yourself, and I look forward to seeing you soon, with Love, Kate x ^i^ x
Kate Palmer-Marshallsay MAR BA (Hons) Complementary Therapist - Professional Reflexologist, Angelic Reiki Master, Reiki Master and Angelic Practitioner
Angelic Complementary Therapies
Email – Kate@angelicct.com
Web – www.angelicct.com